- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- How to conduct a secondary survey
- How to assess an unresponsive casualty
- How to manage a casualty who is bleeding (severe and minor)
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to manage a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- How to manage a casualty with suspected head, spinal injuries and/or chest injuries.
- Seizures, choking and fainting
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injury
- Low blood sugar
- Severe allergic reaction
Who is Eligible
If an employer has identified that first-aiders are needed in their workplace, they must ensure that those identified to be first aiders undertake appropriate training for the role. This course provides a comprehensive set of practical skills that are needed to become a confident first aider at work, giving you both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.